This proposal concludes the annual review of compensation and governance allocations as required in VDP-108, and seeks to report back to the community with proposed adjustments to VDP-72 25 for community vote.
The Compensation Policy Squad reviewed historical compensation for the six month period of January 2023 to August 2023, in conjunction with the resources linked in the References section. When examining compensation policy and principles we primarily focused our analysis on asking the following questions:
- Do VitaDAO’s Compensation Principles make sense broadly speaking?
- Are VitaDAO’s Compensation Principles being adhered to in practice?
- Are there any organizational changes which would improve VitaDAO’s operations and compensation transparency?
- Are there any tokenomics changes which would improve VitaDAO’s operations and compensation transparency?
- Before finalizing our report with a series of basic recommendations for VitaDAO to implement in order to streamline and optimize its compensation schema moving forward.
This report summarizes the findings of the Compensation Policy Squad, and our recommendations for VitaDAO’s Compensation Policy in 2024.
Please visit the following link to access the entire report: Compensation Policy Squad Vita DAO Compensation Report
Upon successful passing of this proposal, the Coordination Working Group will update VDP-72 to reflect the changes suggested and provide an updated Compensation Policy document to the community.
Suggested changes will be applied to all current and future contributors and squad/working group positions immediately upon approval.
EDIT: As requested I am putting here in plain language a simple explanation of changes to Stewards compensation.
$VITA compensation per Stewards is reduced by ~59% from VDP-72, from 25k $VITA monthly to 10,047 $VITA monthly.
$USDC compensation limits for Stewards are increased by ~36% from 8.8K $USDC monthly to 12k $USDC monthly.
Please note that Stewards are under both 4y vesting schedules and previously signed contracts which prevent them from selling significant amounts of $VITA before 2026. Please also note the $USDC raise was for the limit of Stewards compensation, not actual Stewards compensation which should be set by a separate governance vote.
- Revisions Requested (Details in Comments)