VDP-0 VitaDAO Multisig Proposal

Purpose

To bring VitaDAO to life and operate through on-chain voting, its smart contracts and initial proposals (see VDP-1, VDP-2) need creation and implementation first. In order to do so, we propose the creation of a multi-signature wallet (“multisig”) with which we will allocate signing rights to a variety of known, trusted, and carefully vetted early-stage supporters of VitaDAO.

Moreover, this multisig will remain in use as a safety mechanism during the first few months after launch to sign transactions, such as budget allocations or mechanism changes. The intent is to reduce attack vectors from potential flaws in version 1 of VitaDAO’s token economics, governance, and smart contract implementation thereof.

The goal of implementing this multisig is to ensure a safe and speedy transition from version 1 to a version 2 of VitaDAO’s smart contract implementation where the multisig will become obsolete.

Design

We propose defining 8 (eight) signers in total, with a required minimum of 5 (five) signatures for a transaction to be authorized. These eight private keys should belong to individuals or organizations from sufficiently diverse organizational affiliations and geographic locations.

Implementation

The signers elected will set up the multisig wallet, and it is supposed to be operational from Wednesday, 16th of June, 2021.

Next steps

In an open call, we invite the community to discuss this proposal, evaluate potential signers, and agree on eight in total. Any individual or organization may nominate themselves and/or others to be considered for becoming a signer. If interested, please comment on the proposal below.

7 Likes

I trust and nominate @longevion

6 Likes

I trust and nominate the founders: @PaulHaas and @tylergolato

7 Likes

Happy to! I trust and nominate @audieleon @timrpeterson and @vincent

5 Likes

Two more, who’ve shown they deserve this trust are @theobtl and @TheoWal

1 Like

I’m also happy to be a signer. I trust and nominate you as well, @alexdobrin, and the co-initiators @tylergolato, @PaulHaas

1 Like

I also trust @Positron and nominate him for a diversity of perspectives, coming with a healthy skepticism of some aspects of the crypto world but fully aligned with our mission of extending human healthspan

1 Like

YES. I confirm I will do it.

1 Like

Trust all proposed, and can also join.

1 Like

I accept and further propose IDTheory represented by @JamesID

2 Likes

Thank you @audieleon, I accept.

1 Like

Let me speak to my co-founder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @longevion I accept and trust.

1 Like

I confirm I will do it.

3 Likes

@longevion thank you, I accept the nomination

1 Like

Alright, so the list of signers is complete. There was soft governance on this in Discord. Here is the list that will be used for launch:

Tyler Golato: 0x6c1e0C4221ec9d36Cf80cd2B9b6B9B2823e4CB69
Paul Kohlhass: 0x45602BFBA960277bF917C1b2007D1f03d7bd29e4
Theo Beutel: 0xe2FbDF7fe1d77f8B73e9fa4D17F2F1FC64F7313f
Vincent Weisser: 0xb0EeCb3a98Bc1963847A81ABFC8aCBA54527b96b
Audie Sheridan: 0x51AaE7357c8baD10DB3532e9AC597efFA5C3820f
Tim Peterson: 0xfb9B22A0E3A05e4F6B49aDD981A189301F411A75
James Brodie: 0xcf930533DbB9759C84401A03c5dDc92A1A313Dd3

Please keep in mind that if you were nominated and didn’t make this list, that doesn’t mean we don’t value your input. We needed a reasonable and efficient number of signers, and landed on this list. If it becomes necessary, this list can change through governance, and when we move to V2 this list should become unnecessary.

Thank all of you who volunteered.

7 Likes

Great stuff - I agree on the 8 nominations.
How and when are we moving forward?

1 Like

the multi-sig is already deployed and running. i’d propose adding 1-2 additional signers, both to increase safety and speed of decisions

2 Likes

@timrpeterson @theobtl and others including myself nominated @Steve for multisig during the current governance call

3 Likes

Thank you - I hereby confirm and accept.

3 Likes