G 0.1c (revised) - Onboarding videos for Strategic Goal - Increase Community Size v2

Season 0.1c - Onboarding videos for Strategic Goal - Increase Community Size v2

This is an updated version of a previous proposal: SG 0.1c - Onboarding videos for Strategic Goal - Increase Community Size

Summary

Increase the number of people in the community by spreading awareness, making it easier to login, and making it smoother to onboard.

Relevance to Strategic Plan

I’d like to make onboarding videos to make the process smoother, which would theoretically entice more people to onboard.

Budget

Since I’m a total newbie to VitaDAO, it’s not obvious to me how long or complicated the onboarding flow is (and therefore how much work will be required to make onboarding videos).

But, for the sake of estimating, let’s say 30 minutes worth of videos needs to be made, and let’s say there will be 6 videos at 5 minutes each (6 x 5 = 30).

I am proposing $300 per “basic” 5 minute video and $400 per “advanced” 5 minute video.

I define a “basic” video as one with no special effects: a walkthrough of the onboarding flow using a screen recording tool with a voiceover and editing to eliminate needless footage.

I define an “advanced” video as one with special effects like arrows, highlights, or other animations to make the video clearer or more polished.

VitaDAO’s available funds

For context, (as of Feb 1st, 2023) VitaDAO funded 15+ projects with $3.5m+, and has ~$4.5m in liquid funds remaining (before further fundraising), which will be used for:

1. Funding new projects
  2. Operations, including sourcing, incubation, evaluation, & community growth
  3. Follow-on funding, including for projects VitaDAO will spin out

Motivation

From Strategic Goal - Increase Community Size:

A consistent request we’ve received from our onboarding process is video and other interactive onboarding contents. We’d like to see this content made by the experts — new community members who recently went through the onboarding experience.

A series of onboarding videos hyper-specific to new community members made by someone who just want through the onboarding flow would be extremely beneficial.

Specification

*Project Lead: joshm#7575 - who is also willing to take on the Team role of lead (has not joined the discord, yet)

*Team: joshm#7575

*Description: As a new, not yet onboarded member, I’ll go through the onboarding process, ask questions, and take copious amounts of notes. Then, as a videographer, I’ll make the series of onboarding videos I wish I had.

An example of a video series I’ve done for a client:

An example of a video I made:

Reviews

A few. See previous thread: SG 0.1c - Onboarding videos for Strategic Goal - Increase Community Size

Implementation

*Success Metrics:

1. amount of time it takes new members to get up and running decreases
  2. new member sentiment with onboarding process becomes more positive
  3. leadership reviews the videos and confirms that they are accurate and acceptable
  4. ideally velocity of community growth increases above baseline (not guaranteed to be noticeable)

Metrics 1 and 2 can be assessed through a survey.
Metric 3 can be done informally (e.g. through a meeting) or formally (e.g. through a thread where members of the leadership team post and confirm approval).
Metric 4 can be observed loosely by measuring current growth against growth in the months following the release of the videos.

Timeline: Define a timeline for how long you think this project will take. What are key milestones you will focus on?

I would estimate 2 weeks to onboard, interview, and get situated, and then a week per video after that. So 8 weeks total.

Milestones can be video releases.

• Agree
  • Revisions Requested (Detail in Comments)
  • Disagree
0 voters

The Proposal Voting stage for Season 0 has commenced. The Proposal Submission and Discussion stages have ended.