Building a Longevity Community on Instagram

Summary:
This proposal outlines a strategy for building a community and increasing awareness for VitaDAO on Instagram. The proposal also highlights the benefits of building a community, such as supporting the mission, increasing engagement, improving communication, facilitating collaboration, raising funds, and increasing credibility.

Strategy
I propose my services as a contributor to the VitaDAO Awareness WG, specifically for managing and building the community on the Instagram account for the DAO. The goal is to increase awareness, engagement, and to build a strong and active community around it.

The steps for this would be:
1. Develop a content calendar: I will create a content calendar that aligns with the goals and messaging of the DAO. This will include a mix of news/updates content and conference/events content to keep the audience engaged and informed.
2. Build engagement: I will actively engage with the audience by responding to comments and messages, and by reaching out to thought leaders in the field to collaborate and share content.
3. Utilize Instagram stories and IGTV: I will create engaging Instagram stories (2-5 a day) and IGTV content (3-5 a week) to increase reach and drive engagement.
4. Host Instagram Live sessions: I will host Instagram Live sessions (or find contributors interested in hosting them) to answer questions and provide updates on the DAO (once-twice a month)
5. Collaborate with other DAOs community members: I will work with other community members to cross-promote content and build a cohesive community around VitaDAO.
6. Use Instagram analytics: I will use Instagram analytics to track performance and make data-driven decisions to improve the account’s performance.

Direction
The direction for building a community around the DAO is to create a space where people can learn about the benefits of longevity research and how VitaDAO is contributing to it. By creating engaging and informative content, fostering community engagement and encouraging collaboration and cross-promotion, I believe we can build a strong community and increase awareness about the mission.

Motivation

1. Support the mission: Building a strong and engaged community can help support the mission by raising awareness and interest in longevity research.
  2. Increase engagement: An active and engaged community can help increase engagement with the DAO and its projects, by providing feedback and support.
  3. Improve communication: Building a community on Instagram can help improve communication between the DAO and its stakeholders, by providing a platform for sharing information and updates.
  4. Facilitate collaboration: A community can help facilitate collaboration between members, by providing a space for sharing ideas, resources and knowledge.
  5. Raise funds: Building a strong and engaged community can help the DAO raise funds by engaging potential investors.
  6. Drive adoption: Building a community can help drive adoption of the DAO’s projects by providing education and building trust with potential members.
  7. Increase credibility: A strong and engaged community can help increase credibility and trust in the DAO, by providing social proof and demonstrating the organization’s impact and value.

Implementation and Timeline

1. Developing a content calendar: 1-2 weeks
  2. Building engagement: Ongoing
  3. Utilizing Instagram stories and IGTV: Ongoing
  4. Hosting Instagram Live sessions: Ongoing
  5. Collaborating with other Longevity DAO community members: Ongoing
  6. Using Instagram analytics: Ongoing
  7. Implementing Paid Advertising: Ongoing
  8. Reviewing and Measuring performance: Monthly
  • Developing a content calendar and creating content: This can take 1-2 hours per day, depending on the amount and type of content being produced.
  • Engaging with the audience: Responding to comments and messages and reaching out to key opinion leaders can take 1-2 hours per day.
  • Utilizing Instagram stories and IGTV: Creating and scheduling stories and IGTV content can take 30 minutes to 1 hour per day.
  • Hosting Instagram Live sessions: Depending on the frequency and length of the sessions, this can take 1 hour to 2 hours per session.
  • Collaborating with other community members: This can take 30 minutes to 1 hour per day, depending on the level of collaboration.
  • Using Instagram analytics: Reviewing and analyzing performance data can take 30 minutes to 1 hour per day.

I estimate that implementing this strategy would require approximately 4-5 hours per day.

This is a general timeline and the actual time it takes may vary. Additionally, it’s important to stay flexible and be prepared to adjust the timeline as the community grows and evolves. Also, it’s important to remember that building a strong and engaged community on Instagram takes time and effort, and the focus should be on long-term growth and engagement, rather than short-term results.

Budget
Based on VitaDAO’s Compensation Policy for 2023.

8 Likes

Great proposal. I fully support it.

2 Likes

Think worth exploring, might be worthwhile to also include tiktok, and focus on less but better content. Especially also longevity content, as well as snippets from our podcasts etc.

like https://www.tiktok.com/discover/David-Sinclair
https://www.tiktok.com/@longevity1.0
https://www.instagram.com/davidsinclairphd/

maybe also some clips in colab and from eleanor sheekey?

3 Likes

Hey @Victoriapad - I’ve been thinking about spearheading VitaDAO’s presence on TikTok. Making content for TikTok seems high-yield since content made for TikTok could simultaneously be shared on Instagram Reels and Youtube Shorts. Maybe this is something we could work together on?

3 Likes

yes, TikTok uses the same format for videos as IG so it would be easy to repurpose them

1 Like

hey Sarah! I’m sure we can work together on this. I’ll DM you on Discord

2 Likes

Great proposal @Victoriapad thank you.

Creating educational content requires storytelling rooted in purpose. While instagram is a great strategy, I suggest exploring the broad spectrum of content which leads potential contributors down the deeper content funnel of podcasts and newsletters.

I also suggest a milestone based funding approach for content production measured which a KPI such as VITA/[#views]

2 Likes