VitaDAO Delegate Applications - Apply now!

Application for VitaDAO Governance Delegates

As governed and announced in VDP-65 Introducing Delegated Voting, VitaDAO plans to introduce delegates and delegation as a governance functionality.

This enables you to, either:

1. Run as a Delegate: Consider becoming a delegate. Express your viewpoints and convince the community to delegate their VITA tokens to you. This increases your say in governance decisions.

or

2. Delegate Your Tokens: Alternatively, delegate your VITA tokens to those who can best represent your interests, authorizing them to make governance decisions for you.

What are delegates? :thinking:

Delegates are vital members of the VitaDAO community, responsible for key decisions that shape our mission to advance longevity research.

By becoming a delegate, you have a say in every governance proposal coming up, on:

• Voting on which research to fund
  • Determining the categories and sizes of funding for specific kinds of longevity research and community engagement within longevity science.
  • Identifying critical areas of research and turning our attention to them
  • Add valuable perspectives to the current active voters

and many more.

If you have a passion for longevity research, and the challenges above intrigue you, becoming a delegate might be the right fit! Expect to commit 4-6 hours a month.

Responsibilities of delegates include:

• Meta-Governance: Crafting VitaDAO’s organizational policies and procedures
  • Research Funding: Galvanizing support for essential scientific projects related to longevity
  • Progressive Decentralization: Refining VitaDAO’s structure to make it more accessible and effective
  • Special Projects: Exploring new avenues for innovation within longevity research

Interested in becoming a delegate?

Step 1. Introduce Yourself :wave:

To apply, please provide:

• ETH Address (to be delegated to)
  • Discord Handle (optional)
  • Intent: Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining
  • Qualifications: Your Longevity and/or Crypto Qualifications / Skills / Links about your work

Step 2. Next Step

Once approved, you’ll be added to our Delegates cards, allowing others to delegate their support to you. Discover more about the onboarding process and join our Discord to begin your journey!

Step 3. Receive delegate votes, or delegate your tokens to delegates of your choice.

Delegate your voting power on Snapshot

• Go to Snapshot

• Enter the address you want to delegate to.

• To limit the delegation to a specific space, tap the on toggle button and enter the space key (example: balancer.eth ) you want your delegation to take effect on. If no space is selected, the effect will take place for all spaces.

• Click Confirm to save your delegation.

Compensation?

Delegates are not awarded extra tokens for being delegates as of now, which might change in the future or receive retroactive rewards for their contributions. If you feel they should be, feel free to propose a proposal on how, or discuss in this separate thread.

Important: This thread is just for applications, questions about delegation etc. should be asked in our discord or VDP-65 Introducing Delegated Voting

5 Likes
  • ETH Address: vincentweisser.eth

• Discord Handle: vincentweisser

• Intent: Why delegate to me? "Delegate your voting rights to me for active participation in governance proposals, prioritizing the mission of advancing longevity solutions. My expertise is mainly on crypto, governance, tokenomics, collaboration and strategic initiatives. I might re-delegate the tokens to people who i think deserve more votes in the governance process.

• Qualifications: I bring extensive experience with VitaDAO, having been involved since its inception, and I’ve been fully immersed in the crypto world since 2016. Additionally, I’ve devoted considerable time to the study of longevity. For more details: https://www.vincentweisser.com/ + https://twitter.com/vincentweisser.

5 Likes
  • ETH Address: antonkulaga.eth

• Discord Handle: antonkulaga

I am interested in becoming a delegate. I have expertise in bioinformatics of aging (for example IJMS | Free Full-Text | Machine Learning Analysis of Longevity-Associated Gene Expression Landscapes in Mammals ) and mammalian synthetic biology, I am also active in the open-source movement and manage several open-source ageing-research projects (for example https://dna-seq.github.io/ and Longevity Genie · GitHub ), before that I was active in longevity activism.

3 Likes
ETH Address: daostewards.eth / 0xd4879f876eE383067F80ACAdBE283B93141908e9
Discord Handle: jengajojo
Intent:

DAOStewards is a metagovernance group from BanklessDAO. We received 16,046 VITA tokens in delegation from BanklessDAO via this snapshot vote. We aim to encourage good governance in the DAO space by expressing Bankless values and fostering a collaborative environment for the space to grow.

Values:

• United we stand: We believe decentralisation is paramount in governing web3. We aim to represent everyday users of web3 and have their unheard voices heard.
  • Net positive engagement: We represent a community aiming to empower all parties involved and develop in a positive-sum manner.
  • Quality participation: We believe the quality active contributors could help a DAO evolve. We aim to deliver the best quality of work with minimum bureaucracy.
  • Bankless : We preach the idea of self-sovereignty and decentralisation

Qualifications:

Check out our notion here

• All our members are Level 2 (verified) contributors with experience in decentralized governance in several DAOs, check out everyone’s individual profiles here
  • We maintain over 80% voting rate and active communication whenever we vote and our proof of work can be found on our voting database here
  • Our governors who are actively interested in the longetivity space, such as @jengajojo have already been active in VITA governance since several months
3 Likes
  • ETH Address: 0xF670352E97C95Af4B4ef4d83b4f667daA6427b15
  • Discord Handle: .mariamarinova
  • Intent: Why delegate to me? Active participation in scientific project funding decisions, awareness and outreach, and additional initiatives (prizes, fellowships). My expertise is mostly academic, but I worked in biotech VC for a while and have been a VitaDAO member since it launched two years ago. I’ve been involved with the dealflow team to source and evaluate incoming projects, with the awareness team, writing the research newsletter and sci comm communications and currently with the builder squad as an EiR.
  • Qualifications: BSc(Hons) Molecular and cell biology, PhD in Biology of aging and reproductive medicine, Venture creation analyst at Apollo, biochemistry and pharmacodynamics tutor. https://www.linkedin.com/in/maria-marinova-phd-2b34a7a4/ & https://twitter.com/m__marinova
6 Likes

ETH Address: KryptoShrimp.eth/0x829e98B94802Eb550d72e7c0074ea5Be0Eec2F3F

Discord Handle: KryptoShrimp#3682

Intent: Why delegate to me? Entrust me with your voting power to harness the synergy between regenerative medicine and onchain technologies. I have a strong foundation in cellular senescence coupled with an unwavering commitment to onchain advancements. As a VitaDAO delegate, I will channel this diverse expertise for the betterment of our community. Ready to dedicate 20-30 hours weekly, I will approach this role with the same dedication I give to my university board positions. I see this role as a step forward in my ongoing transition from academia to the crypto world.

Qualifications:

• Research Leadership: Serving as the Research Program Manager at The Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine, University of Colorado, for nearly a decade, I’ve led transformative projects in genetic correction for RDEB patients and spearheaded innovative skin organoid techniques.
  • Collaborative Impact: Played a pivotal role in cGMP process development and offered key insights in IND finalizations post-INTERACT meetings.
  • Unique Insight: At the intersection of science and crypto, I provide a fresh perspective that bridges two dynamic realms.
  • Web3/DeSci Expertise: With experience as a DAO tooling beta tester with ELI5, I’m deeply integrated into a myriad of DAO tools and communities (https://eli5dao.com). This also includes beta-testing PLEX for labDAO and engaging with Molecule’s Beta IP-NFT minting process.

Links:

2 Likes

ETH Address:

0x57919109989E3ea5Bc844F956601BF878aD37b10

Discord Handle:

longevion

Intent: Why delegate to me?

I am a Core Member and one of the Founding Stewards of VitaDAO. I am very much intrinsically motivated, so you can trust I’ll do what’s in the best interest of VitaDAO and the advancement of the field so we can get a grip on aging faster. You can see my previous steward election statement here: VDP-78.1 Proposal to Elect the Longevity Dealflow Working Group Steward
I’ve been one of the most active participants in governance, voting on virtually all the proposals, so you can trust I won’t waste your voting power.

Qualifications:

I have expertise in: rationality / being less wrong / scientific thinking, investing, the longevity field, decentralization & governance, fundraising and rallying people around a shared goal with great vibes.

I’ve been pouring my life into VitaDAO for almost 2.5 years now, and I’ve helped get this community off the ground and thriving, relentlessly executing on the following:

• the Genesis auction (raising $5.1M)
  • starting the dealflow funnel, sourcing most of the first 100-200 leads (via my extensive network in the longevity industry)
  • establishing the dealflow processes, guidelines, templates as well as incentives - making sure members are compensated
  • negotiating and closing deals
  • recruiting top working group members and external Senior Reviewers, advisors, partners
  • helping overcome bias, by mediating between experts that sometimes disagree to get closer to the truth in scientific evaluation
  • facilitated for members to contribute in a way that’s decentralized and yet still as free of red tape as possible, empowering members to work in a permissionless way, encouraging proactivity, and resourcefulness so they can shine - getting projects sourced, incubated/improved, evaluated, funded, accelerated and spun out into companies!
  • advocating for our vision in 100+ interviews, conference talks, panels, podcasts, articles
  • strategy, liaising with legal, general ops/coordination, product/website/UX, communications & awareness
  • bringing on new funding & Strategic Members (like Pfizer Ventures, Balaji Srinivasan, Shine, L1D, BeakerDAO, Joe Betts-Lacroix / Retro Biosciences, etc) - https://twitter.com/longevion/status/1620022259665743873
  • coordinating the longevity & network state aspects of the world’s first pop-up mini-city experiment in Montenegro as well as negotiating with governments to establish a permanent longevity city

Links:

Linkedin: Laurence Ion
Twitter: @longevion

5 Likes
  • ETH Address: 0x47bac043d5dedd9c5215609f3153bbe70fdb77e1
  • Discord Handle: skamy#5366
  • Intent: My mission is to improve health through the means of technology.
  • Qualifications: Medical doctor specialized in health informatics, involved in crypto space since 2017, I’ve transition two years ago into full stack Ethereum Engineering. Been involved in Physiology and Biochemistry as a professor assistance, done basic and pedagogic research. I have good understanding of two complex fields, biomedical science and software engineering, so I can provide an unique view to the voting process.

https://twitter.com/SantiCammi

2 Likes
  • ETH Address: 0x2210dc066aacB03C9676C4F1b36084Af14cCd02E
  • Discord Handle: bryancolligan
  • Intent: DeSci and longevity are the most important initiatives for the crypto industry. By delegating to me I will research the topics in detail not only on the initial merit but also analyze and give feedback on future funding potential from investors and other grants program. My expertise is understanding what other ecosystem will deploy grants too.
  • Qualifications: Founder of AlphaGrowth last year I help deploy more than $7Million in grants across 170 dApps from ecosystems. I have analyzed over 1900 deals and potential grantees. I will also use my company to help source the best DeSci and longevity projects and work with VitaDAO to help make the entire experience seamless with tooling.
2 Likes
  • ETH Address: swiftevo.eth
  • Discord Handle: shift_the_space_web3museum
  • Intent: Why delegate to me?

:one:. To support VitaDAO delegation system

I believe in DAO management. As I am no-body and don’t have time & qualification to read through all the information in VitaDAO, I can only participate VitaDAO after work / before sleep / wake-up earlier. Delegation is a very good system for VitaDAO development.

I would ilke to show my support for this system and VitaDAO through delegate application.

首先,我很認同DAO的管理精神. 像我一個無名之輩,亦沒有充足的時間及學識去了解全部VitaDAO的資訊。只有在工作之後、休息之前又或者早起的時間去爭取投入VitaDAO的活動之中。Delegate 是一個很好的主意,可以讓VitaDAO得到更好的發展。

我希望能透過申請Delegate,作為我對VitaDAO 及 Delegate方法的支持。

:two:. The beauty of diversity in VitaDAO

According to Gitcoin Grant beta round analysis, there are over 80% resource and funding to US/Euro DeSci project. There are less than 10% in Asia. Sure it is because of the development of Web3 and the solid ground of scientific culture and core value buiding for years behind.

As an Asian in VitaDAO, I would like to participate this application to show the beauty of diversity in DAO management. It is my honor to submit the applicaion and connect Asia DeSci friends.

If I have the honor to be delegate, I will try my best to initiate the proposal discussion in Tranditional Chinese and support the development of other Asian languages discussion in VitaDAO in the future.

其次,在Gitcoin Grant bera round 的分析中,超過80%的資源主要集中在歐美地區而亞洲區的資源不到10%。當然,這主要來自於Web3的目前發展,以及多年以來全球在科研方面的建設及文化培育。

作為一個在VitaDAO中的亞洲人,我希望能透過參與這次 Delegate的申請展現VitaDAO 多元化的一面;亦很榮幸能與亞洲區的DeSci朋友介紹我自己。

如果有幸能擔任Delegate,我將盡力為VitaDAO的提案推行中文的討論,亦支持日後在VitaDAO的提案時發展出更多不同亞洲語系的討論。

Ref: DeSci Landscape Analysis: Exploring Crowdfunding Effects On Proj… — erinmagennis.eth

:three:. Contribute my little help to VitaDAO

As working in international pharmaceutical company for years in Asia and sometime in other DAO management, I would like to contribute my little time and experience to support the development of VitaDAO.

As working between pharma company, doctors and layman, I have to communicate, deliver and educate clinical message between professional and someone outside the circle. If I have the honor to be the delegate, I would like to contribute my work to make the proposal easier to understand.

最後,作為在亞洲區的國際藥廠工作多年的打工仔以及不太豐富的DAO的管理經驗,我希望可以貢獻我微小的力量和經驗,令VitaDAO發展得更好。

在以往的工作之中,我常常要把專業的學術知識向專業醫生及其他沒有醫學專業的持份者之間作出溝通及教育。如有幸擔當Delegate,我亦會盡力令VitaDAO的提案變得更容易明白。

• Qualifications: Your Longevity and/or Crypto Qualifications / Skills / Links about your work

DeSci Asia co-founder
We would like to connect, educate and develop DeSci in Asia. Friends from Japan, Taiwan, China, Korea, India and Thailand are inside.

We participate the Gitcoin Grant 18 Global Chinese Community feature round.

one of Molecule community contributor
IP-NFT article Tranditional Chinese translation:

FAB DAO (a formal DAO based in Taiwan focusing on public good) hypercert working group core member
超證應用 (notion.so)

Web3Matters, one of reporters (A Web3 newsletters)
Gitcoin Grant beta DeSci project introduction

Gitcoin Grant 18 DeSci project introduction

W3projectHub reporter focusing on public goods
https://w3projecthub.xyz/tag/non-profit/

SpaceDAO (a formal DAO with Taiwan and Hong Kong friends supporting miority and diversity) core team & one of multisign holders

3 Likes

ETH Address: vitalian.eth
Discord Handle: alexdobrin

I am a longevity maximalist and one of the most active and longstanding members of VitaDAO, committed to keeping VitaDAO’s mission aligned.

Since joining, I have allocated all of my time to helping VitaDAO, devoted to advancing the longevity field. Been the Community & Awareness Steward for VitaDAO for almost 2 years and part of the VitaDAO Genesis Team.

Qualifications:
During this time, I led the PR campaigns, provided support for almost all strategic initiatives, supported community growth efforts, facilitated operational tasks like from website to fundraising & bringing on new funding.

Additionally, I led the onboarding efforts for new members and supported the creation of new squads.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexdobrin/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/alxdobrin

6 Likes

Also want to propose @Paolo for delegate since he is one of the most ethical and mission-aligned individuals in VitaDAO.

5 Likes

ETH Address: rejuvenation.eth

Discord Handle: rejuvenation0

I’ve been with VitaDAO since before the Genesis Auction and a member of the Core Team. Hence I have a well rounded view of things happening within the DAO and it’s strategy, as well as deep insights into the longevity sector. This combination allows me to be a delegate that stays true the DAOs mission of advancing aging research. I am more of a longevity hardliner and believe the DAO should do the hard things no one else is doing, that is to just fund more commercializable moonshots - projects that directly tackle the aging process and rejuvenation, and not just new therapies that fight diseases (the symptoms of aging), or other non-biotech investment opportunities. Moreover, I believe that the DAO focused too much on going the easy road by funding equity deals, and should find back to it’s crypto native roots and focus on IP-NFTs and spinouts.

Qualifications:

Max holds a position as a longevity scientist at the esteemed Center for Healthy Longevity at the National University of Singapore. In the dynamic field of longevity science, he has carved a niche with his focused research on the systems biology of aging, delving deep into biomarkers of cellular health, and investigating the pivotal role of psychedelics in advancing healthy longevity medicine. His innovative research approach is a confluence of Artificial Intelligence, Complex Systems, and Molecular Biology, working synergistically to unravel the complexities of aging. In addition to his academic role, Max holds a pivotal position within VitaDAO, a global collective committed to promoting and financing pioneering longevity science research on a worldwide scale. Furthermore, he serves as a trusted scientific advisor to startups, venture capital firms, and family offices. A respected voice in the community, Max often shares his insights and findings as a speaker and panelist at notable longevity conferences worldwide. His dedication to the field has not only fostered rich discussions and propelled the science forward but also earned him awards recognizing his significant contributions to the longevity field.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MaxUnfried
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maximilianunfried/

6 Likes

Glad to see applications from folks like @Max_Unfried @m_marinova who have a deep understanding and commitment to the core principles of VitaDAO.

6 Likes

ETH Address : azeemkhan.eth

Discord Handle : azeemk

Intent: Why delegate to me? I’d like to give an overall summary over myself to start instead of just simply saying why to delegate to me because I believe it’ll provide a more holistic picture. I’ve been in the crypto space since the end of 2013 when I wrote an article for the Huffington Post about the New York City Bitcoin Center. In early 2014 I tried my hand at launching Kim Coindashian before the media I got for it ended up causing me to get a cease and desist. I’ve since held a handful of roles and even raised funds for a crowdfunding platform to support creators that I launched in 2021.

For going on two years now I’ve been at Gitcoin where I started in the Public Goods Funding workstream looking to speak to organizations to fund matching pools for us to run Quadratic Funding grants rounds like we have for the past four years now. In the time I’ve been here through all the efforts I’ve led with our grants program and our treasury diversification I’ve raised tens of millions of dollars that have gone to good places.

I’m a consultant to the United Nation on crypto related matters after the UNICEF round that I led for Gitcoin at the tail end of 2022. They have a crypto venture fund, which is in many ways a grants program because they’re not able to take equity, and I work closely with them on a handful of things.
Outside of that, I’m an advisor to Foresight Ventures, which is a $400 million venture fund that is the venture arm of the centralized exchange BitGet. I’m a mentor to the ConsenSys Fellowship, mentor at the Binance Labs Incubator, mentor at the Crypto Packaged Goods accelerator, mentor at the Hypernest accelerator, and the One Piece Labs accelerator.

My work includes speaking engagements at all the major conferences happening, I’ve got bylines with multiple publications talking about crypto including Huffington Post, Entrepreneur, Coindesk, Bankless, and Forefront. I’ve also been acknowledged as a contributor in two white papers by the World Economic Forum. One on Impact DAOs and the other on Blockchain Scaling for Climate Action. And most recently a whitepaper on U.S Climate Policy Action with the Blockchain Law for Social Good Center.

Some other involvements of mine are being a member of the World Economic Forum’s Crypto Sustainability Coalition and also a member of the Future of Global Fintech Initiative, co-organized by the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance and the World Economic Forum.
I was even a judge on a tv show with Binance earlier this year called Build The Block, which was a metaverse reality show similar to Shark Tank that was recently nominated for a BIMA Award. The other judges were He Yi who’s a cofounder of Binance, Robby Yung who’s the CEO of Animoca, and Guy Turner who runs the popular YouTube channel Coin Bureau that has over 3 million subscribers.

All this to say, I’m not someone who’s in this space for a bull run, but rather because I want to see it advance as a whole. And this was me trying to keep it brief :blush:

Qualifications :

I am currently the highest delegated token holder at Gitcoin, where my leadership in the inaugural DeSci Grants Round of 2022 was instrumental. We successfully distributed approximately $700,000 across over 100 projects. Impressively, the residual funds from this round contributed significantly to the subsequent Gitcoin DeSci round in 2023.

In my role as the Head of Impact at Gitcoin, I blend a high-level understanding of the entire ecosystem with a detailed insight into its various facets, including funding, technology, and the identification of key players and projects. This balance of strategic overview and granular knowledge has been pivotal in my responsibilities, which span Business Development, Sales, and Partnerships across all DAO activities, thereby deepening my understanding of the nuanced dynamics within the field.

A highlight of our 2022 round was the involvement of Springer Nature, a leading name in scientific journals, which contributed $50,000. This partnership has since facilitated ongoing dialogues with several top-tier organizations in traditional science.

My academic background in science further solidifies my qualifications. I hold a B.S. in Biology and an M.S. in Medical Sciences from Boston University. My master’s thesis, conducted at Harvard Medical School under the supervision of Professor George Church, a globally recognized geneticist, explored the potential of circularizing human DNA to expedite sequencing processes compared to linear strands.

Additionally, my research journey includes stints at various labs within Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, and Boston University School of Medicine. I am a proud recipient of the National Human Genome Research Institute Grant (2010) from Harvard Medical School and the Center for Excellence in Genomic Sciences Grant (2011), which was also from Harvard Medical School.

My industry experience includes positions at two biotech companies, Pathogenica and AbVitro, both spin-offs from Harvard Medical School labs. This blend of academic and industry experience fuels my passion for leveraging my background to drive advancements in decentralized science.

I am particularly proud of spearheading partnerships at Gitcoin, such as the one with the American Cancer Society, which holds significant promise for the realm of Decentralized Science. My ongoing discussions with their team reflect my active involvement and commitment to the field.

I am excited about the opportunity to play a more integral role in this space. Please feel free to connect with me on Twitter or LinkedIn for further discussions or collaborations.

3 Likes

ETH Address: 0xd7372753CBBCF19ec7D8a131a2b7621b0875d935

Discord Handle: eleanord

I am Dealflow Steward and Core Member at VitaDAO. Since being elected as Dealflow Steward in June/July, I’ve been hands-on with turning the Longevity Dealflow Working Group (LD WG) into a well-oiled machine. I am a later arrival to VitaDAO, and also have less governance for voting. For me, the success of VitaDAO and the prosperity of the community is key. Following a personal event, I am dedicated to bringing longevity further into the mainstream and to improve healthspan, lifespan and prosperity through education, prevention and therapeutic innovations.

Here are some highlights of who I am, what I have done at VitaDAO to date and the value I can provide as Delegate:

Dealflow:

• Community building and management: leading weekly syncs and regular touchpoints, incl. implementing and communicating VitaDAO’s mission and values
  • Sourcing and execution for PortCos Oisín and GERO, both of which were successfully funded. Participating in squads for several live deals to ensure faster turnaround and positive founder/researcher experience
  • Transformed quality of Senior Review, and LD WG evaluation and due diligence (previously fragmented, now automated. Cut snr. review admin overhead by 2-3hrs per project)
  • Implemented and built teams around sourcing initiatives; TTO Squad. Built materials and case studies for outreach (In touch with +30 institutions since Sept. outreach launch).
  • Merge Longevist and TLDR into dealflow for ecosystem intel. and awareness
  • VitaDAO Builder Squad - built operational playbook in collaboration with Eli M., Paolo B., and Anthony S. (PM for VitaDAO’s first spinout company, Matrix Bio)
  • Management of dealflow budget and automated DAO contributor billing process (previously highly fragmented)

Portfolio Management:

1. Execution on portfolio structuring, PortCo progress reporting and quarterly portfolio review (2nd in mid-Jan. Portfolio dashboard can be accessed on request)
  2. Structured, built, onboarded VitaDAO’s Scientific Advisory Board
  3. Initiated University Partnerships outreach for access to dealflow, DAO awareness and Ambassadors Programme. Led DeSci Oxford and Cambridge initiatives
  4. Implemented learnings to build 2024 strategic plan for dealflow including quality control, evaluation and DD mechanisms

Other Improvements:

• Built and implemented: clear dealflow process incl. phase 1-3 voting and automations, building communication guides with Molecule team on SRA/IPT/spinout opportunities, re-engineered dealflow funnel, re-built DAO CRM, built dealflow accounting and project expenditure back-end for clear budget management and tracking, sourcing and opportunities Dbs. Previously, this was highly fragmented.
  • Sourced Longevity Centre and Manage Your Blood Sugar partnership (VitaDAO membership services)
  • Representation/public speaking at 20+ online and IRL events since Jun/Jul incl. CogX at O2 arena and British embassy in Warsaw. I hope to join many more!

Qualifications:

I bring extensive experience to VitaDAO; as an early DeSci adopter (~2 years), originally in the co-founding team at LabDAO, I led the execution on raising $3.6M during the crypto winter, incorporated and operationalised the organisation. My previous experience spans from fund operations at On Deck (ODX), to consulting in healthcare and biotech mid-to large cap transactions. I keep myself very occupied on the side, deep-diving into anything I don’t understand, be it: anything longbio related, to tokenomics and liquidity pools, biotech company building and data harmonisation across jurisdictions.

Happy to double tap into any of the above via DM, my socials are:

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eleanor-davies-0aa505147/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/gwei_sha

8 Likes
  • ETH Address: 0xBE73414aed36bc69656cb66a3F24bA40Fe819069

• Discord Handle: paolobinetti

• Intent: Tackling aging and extending healthy lifespan is the most important thing I can think of. More money and talent should flow into this space, and whoever contributes should be rewarded. So when VitaDAO came up with a new way to do it, I decided to join. I would welcome your delegation if you share with me the vision of VitaDAO as a rapidly growing and sustainable engine to bring impactful and solid longevity research out of the lab to develop life-extending therapeutics.

• Work with VitaDAO: I have now been with VitaDAO for about two years, always in the Longevity Working Group, shepherding deals or helping other shepherds. Over this period I was lucky enough to be involved in tens of opportunities, from sourcing to deal structuring, community discussion, due diligence, and token-holder decision.
    Since about a year I am also in VitaCORE. In this role I helped with strategic and operational governance, bringing more focus and structure, for example via the funding eligibility criteria, the allocation of budget for equity funding, the project portfolio management process, and the builder squad reorganization.

• My take: VitaDAO has been tremendously successful but is still a young organization, which now needs to deliver on its reputation as the top shop for very-early-stage longevity biotech.
    Last year we have been busy executing on a rich pipeline of deals, leading to a total of more than 20 funded ventures, as well as improving the deal-flow process and increasing our community of engaged contributors, VitaDAO’s key asset.
    Now the priority should be sourcing excellent research to fund, aiming to close a few high-quality deals over the next few months and many more as we grow, also leveraging our IP-NFT and IPT mechanisms. We should be laser-focused on this and deploy whatever it takes to get it done, because this is our primary mission.

• Promise: I am committed to executing this vision, casting my vote for proposals as objectively as I can, according to what I think is the best interest of VitaDAO.

• Experience: Besides my role in VitaDAO I am also with Native Strategy as Life Science practice leader, with Healthspan Capital as venture fellow and with Capital Cell as expert. In the past years I have also volunteered with Prof de Magalhaes lab and Prof Ewald lab. Previously I held positions in project portfolio management, business development, program management, and system engineering in industry and government. I use the competences and network from all these assignments for VitaDAO on a daily basis.

• Qualifications: I hold a PhD in controls, robotics and bioengineering from the University of Pisa, a MS in aerospace engineering from Politecnico di Milano, a specialization in bioinformatics from the University of California San Diego (Coursera), a certificate in drug discovery and development from Harvard Medical School (HMX), and a certificate in venture finance from the University of Oxford.

5 Likes

Hello VitaDAO community!

Name: Jose Martinez
Alias: DeSciDegen
ETH Address: DeSciDegen.eth
Discord Handle: DeSciDegen

Intent:
I am applying to become a delegate for VitaDAO because I believe my background in biochemistry and my experience in the crypto and decentralized science (DeSci) spaces equip me uniquely to contribute effectively to our shared mission. My passion for longevity research and my commitment to decentralized governance align perfectly with VitaDAO’s objectives. I aim to leverage my knowledge and skills to help advance the field of longevity, ensuring that critical and innovative research gets the support it needs.

Qualifications:

• Education: PhD in Biochemistry
  • Professional Experience: Over 6 years in life sciences, focusing on the biochemical processes that can potentially extend human lifespan.
  • Crypto and DeSci Involvement: Currently working as a Junior Governance Analist for the decentralized governance facilitator StableLab. 3+ years actively participating in crypto projects and DeSci initiatives, with a focus on integrating blockchain technologies into scientific research funding and dissemination.

Why I Want to Be a Delegate:
As a delegate, I want to ensure that VitaDAO not only funds promising longevity research but also fosters a transparent and inclusive environment for decision-making. My goals include:

• Voting on Research Funding: Prioritizing innovative projects that have the potential to make significant advancements in the field.
  • Meta-Governance: Helping craft policies that maintain VitaDAO’s integrity and forward-thinking momentum.
  • Progressive Decentralization: Pushing for structures that enhance community participation and democratize our operations.
  • Special Projects: Identifying and advocating for exploratory projects that could open new avenues in longevity research.

Commitment:
I am prepared to dedicate 4-6 hours a month to fulfill the responsibilities of a delegate, ensuring that I am fully engaged and accessible to the community.

Next Steps:
Upon approval, I look forward to engaging more deeply with the community, both on Discord and through governance activities. I am eager to begin this journey and contribute to shaping the future of longevity research through VitaDAO.

Thank you for considering my application. I am excited about the possibility of contributing to our community as a delegate and am looking forward to potentially working together to push the boundaries of what we can achieve in longevity science.

Best regards,
Jose Miguel Martinez (DeSciDegen)