VDP-57 $10k for the next VitaDAO Longevity Fellowship Batch

Project Lead: Vincent Weisser
Team: Alex Dobrin, Laurence Ion, timrpeterson

Summary

Proposal for VitaDAO to donate $10,000 USDC to fund VitaDAO Longevity Fellows with micro-grants of up to $2k.

Motivation

"We are funding people with need-based grants to help you to get more deeply involved in longevity ($100 up to $3k). For example, we would fund you to do research, take a break to focus on getting deeper into longevity, attend a conference, or join a program such as On Deck Longevity Fellowship.

The first fellowships were enabled by our generous donors from our Gitcoin project “Longevity Fellowship Grants” (massive thanks to Vitalik for his generous matching, alongside Stefan George, many others, and VitaDAO itself)!"

Due to the positive feedback from the broader community and fellows, as well as amazing unfunded applicants, we wants to fund a small new batch, and think this would go incredibly far to advance longevity research and our broader community.

You can read more here: VitaDAO Fellowship - Longevity DAO - Apply today, including the Fellows we funded and their efforts. A ton of fellows have been getting more actively involved with VitaDAO, from referring dealflow, to writing articles or supporting each other.

• Agree
  • Agree with revisions (please comment)
  • Disagree

0 voters

1 Like

This makes a lot of sense from a community-building perspective, which is key for any DAO. I see micro-grants as cheap call options that can generate long-term returns to VitaDAO.

The only revision that I’d suggest is to have a rigorous assessment process at the end of the program. An idea would be to require fellows to deliver small reports covering the work done, usage of proceeds (which can be compared against initial intentions), and next steps (if any). By doing this, we can generate KPIs that can be compared with previous/future batches, reflect on expenses and keep track of potential future engagement with fellows.

4 Likes

Great idea, we will be following up with the first batch funded by donations via a group call where they present what they are working on and where they need help.

3 Likes

@vincent it looks like I can select both agree and disagree at the same time

This proposal has successfully passed!