Just interested in longevity research? What about tangential biotech?

RespireRX is a business developing Ampakines and repurposing Dronabinol for treatment of sleep apnea. The Ampakines definitely still have a long time before they hit market; however, the Dronabinol treatment for sleep apnea seems much much closer to hitting market. They just went to the Expert Market, and if they actually have anything VitaDao funding them to get back to SEC compliance could very well give us a revenue producing asset in the near future. Dronabinol just needs to complete a phase III trial, and my understanding is there’s already research into Marijuana for treating sleep apnea that shows it being a favorable treatment.

If the DAO has the funds and is interested I believe a relatively small investment could get us an asset that produces revenue within the next three to five years. If the Ampakines are actually proven safe within ten years this would pay off very well.

If you’re interested let me know, and we can get in touch with the company about arranging a deal. I spoke to their Senior Vice President and Chief Financial officer Jeff Margolis. It sounds like he’d be open to making a deal with the DAO if we’re interested.

I do own about 6 million shares. Since, I believe they have something valuable if they can survive till hitting market.

Would the DAO be interested in looking into this more?

Thanks for the proposal! This might be more relevant to SleepDAO.

You can reach them here:
https://x.com/dao_sleep

Thanks for mentioning SleepDAO. Dronabinol is definitely directly relevant to them. I still think the other substances in their product pipeline might be relevant to you. Mainly for treating cognitive decline. For regulatory reasons they’re marketing their drugs for rare diseases that are easier to get approved. The previous management around 2012 had their leading Ampakine fail clinical trials over the fact the FDA could not tell if it damaged the rat brains, or the method of slide preparation did.

Might make sense for both DAOs to collaborate on this if their researchers believe they have anything here.

I can’t post links. But, the Finance guys can find their latest 10-Q if you’re interested in getting involved. They also just received a Department of Defense grant recently for their research into treating bladder problems related to spinal cord injury with CX1739. Don’t know why they fell into the Expert Market after receiving that. They’re definitely worth looking into more.

There’s a link on the VitaDAO website to propose projects/funding ideas, which first go through internal consideration. If the project survives the initial diligence, it will come here, along with expert reviews and general deal terms, for a vote prior to Snapshot.

In general, VitaDAO focuses on longevity. So you’d need to connect sleep apnea, or later uses, to longevity. Also, VitaDAO tends to focus on early stage, high risk biotech. It sounds like this company had its IPO already. That is quite late in the process for VitaDAO to invest.

1 Like

They had their IPO like 30 years ago, and have been stuck in regulatory hell since 2011 or so. Back in the early 90s their leading ampakine showed promise for significantly relieving the symptoms of alzheimers. The ampakines also show promise for cognitive enhancement, but you can’t get approved by the FDA for that. I’ll definitely bring it to VitaDAOs internal review process.