VDP-36 Stewardship Process Amendment #1

Cross-posting my comment from VDP-51 Stewardship election [counter proposal] - #15 by theobtl here for reference. I’d suggest to update this proposal accordingly:

Before:

1. If the nomination receives support from a majority of VitaCore members, the nomination is shared publicly in the Discord channel #cross-wg-chat where members of all working groups vote on the nomination.
  2. If a majority of votes is in agreement, the nominated steward is offered the position.

After:

1. If the nomination receives support from a majority of VitaCore members, the nomination is shared publicly in the Discord channel #cross-wg-chat where members of all working groups participate in the voting process on the nomination.
    – Anyone who has the corresponding working group’s “Member” Discord role has five votes.
    – Anyone who has the corresponding working group’s “Guest” Discord role has a single vote.
    – Anyone who has a “Member” or Guest" Discord role in any working group, but not in the corresponding working group, does not have a vote but has the right to receive a public response to questions and suggestions.
  2. If a majority of votes is in agreement, the nominated steward is offered the position.

If there’s no objection until next week, I’ll update the proposal with this change.

2 Likes