VDP-19 Stewardship Process

Hey @theobtl, great post. Some definitions are needed.

• Steward - A person who leads a VitaDAO working group (WG). A Steward should have both domain expertise on the topic of the WG and managerial experience leading others. A WG can have one or more Stewards, but I’d argue we shouldn’t have more than 3 Stewards per WG. I’d be more inclined to say 1 Steward per WG will lead to most efficient decision making. A key responsibility of the Steward is managing their individual WG’s budget, which was outlined in VDP-3. VitaDAO acts in a decentralized manner by each Steward having the autonomy to spend money without other Stewards’ approval.

• Service Provider (SP) - A person or organization who provides a service to VitaDAO. This entity is paid by a WG’s individual budget and serves at the discretion of the WG. Meaning, it’s each Steward’s job to decide how much the SP gets paid and to continually monitor the WG-SP relationship to determine whether the SP is providing a productive service for the DAO. Example #1: Molecule is a service provider for the tech WG for providing IP-NFT infrastructure. Example #2: Decentralized Matter is a service provider for the Awareness WG for managing VitaDAO’s Discord.

• Vitacore - is a combination of Stewards + key Service Provider personnel, such as @tylergolato and @PaulHaas of Molecule and @TheoWal of Decentralized Matter. To be a member of Vitacore, one must be an active member of the VitaDAO community.

• Mission aligned - Almost anyone can be interested in the mission of longevity, so I would say mission aligned more means someone who consistently devotes significant amounts of their time to VitaDAO while producing output that others in the community recognizes as valuable.

Lastly, it would be good to clarify that for Steward Onboarding and Offboarding only require one not several of the indicated steps.

6 Likes