SG 0.3c - Creating VitaTech - a US-based NewCo to obtain government funding for longevity research

I am in favor of this move considering the potential long term benefits this has to offer. However I recommend that the VitaDAO Governance structure should be modified to reflect this update in contributor type.

Since this type of contributor entity does not fall under the exiting categories of VitaCore or Service Provider, I suggest we either expand the definition of core contributors to include legal entities along with individuals or form a separate category altogether. Responsibilities and commitments of such entities should be clearly defined in the governance framework.

In terms of risks, a legal entity by definition has it’s allegiance primarily to contracts executed by a state and not smart contracts. This means that if push comes to shove, this entity will have to follow the rules laid out by a state over any rules written in the VitaDAO constitution. In order to deal with such risk, the DAO itself could have a legal wrapper. One recent legislation example which can help: Utah Innovates Decentralized Autonomous Organizations Legislation

2 Likes